All grade four teachers and students in Grey and Bruce Counties are invited to experience the Grey Bruce Children’s Water Festival.
There is no cost to students, due to the generosity of our sponsors and many other local supporters who believe in the value of water and the protection of the environment.
Invitations are sent out in January of each year. Teachers who want to ensure a class can attend can email the festival coordinator to set up a date that works for your class.
How to plan the perfect day
- Read the Teacher Planning Guide to get an overview of the festival and a typical day there.
- Have a look at the Festival Site Map to get your bearings for the festival.
- Read the Activity Summary and Detailed Activity Descriptions for information about the activities.
- Provide copies of the Group Leader Planning Guide to each of your adult leaders.
- Use the Festival Scheduler and Evaluation Form to organize each group’s day.
- Bring a camera. Post your photos to our facebook, twitter and instragram pages (see links below).
There are a number of resources available to help make your day at the festival a great learning experience for your students. Please share any of your favourites with us and we will post them!